REOPENING OUR PRACTICE
As I am sure you are aware we have been closed due to the Coronavirus crisis. We have now been given guidelines as to how to return to practice safely. We have implemented measures aimed at infection control and maintaining social distancing. We will obviously update these measures as advice changes.
To that end the following will apply:
1) We will wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) eg face masks, gloves (as required), apron etc and practice safe hygiene methods. We will check your temperature upon arrival.
2) We would like patients also to wear and keep on a face mask. So please don’t bring in food or drink (unless kept in a bag).
3) We will ask all patients to either sanitise or wash their hands on entering the practice and from that point not to touch their phones etc until they leave.
4) We have removed some chairs from the waiting room to ensure the ones remaining are 2 metres apart. We have implemented a separate entrance and exit. The entrance remains the same as before. The exit will be through a separate door leading to the back of Well Court.
5) We have removed all magazines, leaflets, etc.
6) We have new waterproof wipeable pillows and will not use pillow cases. The treatment table is covered with a washable plastic cover.
7) Appointments will be spaced out leaving a free 15 minutes between patients.
8) This will give us time to clean / sanitise the treatment table, chairs, surfaces, handles, change pillows etc between each appointment as well as change our PPE coverings. It will also allow time with the doors and windows open to aerate the rooms. The air conditioning system here removes existing air and pumps new air in.
9) Please can you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment to enable all of the above, and to reduce your time in the practice. If you are early then by all means ring and if we are ready for you then of course we will see you earlier.
10) Please also do not be late as we will struggle to see you and finsh all of the measures we are required to complete.
11) If one of the Osteopaths are not able to answer the phone and it goes to our call answering service please leave your phone number. We need to speak to you personally under current guidelines to book you an appointment. They cannot book one for you.
12) We will ‘triage’ all bookings. That means we will speak to you to;
a) ensure that the problem you have is likely to be suitable for treatment we can provide.
b) to discuss what to do if you fall within the high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable categories) or moderate risk (clinically vulnerable) groups; and
c) to check that you have no symptoms which could be Covid19 related or have had any direct contact with somebody who does.
Please click here for up to date guidance regarding at risk categories.
13) As we have to speak to you personally please bear with us. We will get back to you ASAP.
14) We love chatting to our patients, but for the moment we will need you to leave the practice as soon as your appointment ends. This is all so alien to us but is for safety reasons.
15) Please come alone to the appointment. This applies unless you are a ‘minor’. Should you want to bring a chaperone please tell us during the triage. As a reminder you are able to stop an appointment or treatment at any time. You are also welcome to keep clothes on and just allow us to access the area we need to treat you at the time.
16) We will not be giving change. You can pay with cash, card (not Amex), or bank transfer. Our fees are currently £60 for each appointment.
17) If you want to use private medical insurance we need the authorisation code from you.
18) If you require a receipt please let us know and we will email it to you.
Obviously we are always happy to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ring us on 020 7626 2020. You can also text me Anthony on 07850 932 120 but again please bear with me and I will get back to you ASAP. Alternatively please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com.
We have created an instagram page. Please add us to keep up to date with our current news and lots of advice and tips.
It has been very difficult not being able to give hands on treatment to our patients. We are delighted to be back to work and providing help to you whilst keeping you safe.
We offer fast and effective relief from pain and debilitation and strive to offer our patients an appointment within 24 hours of their inquiry.